Tuesday 29 July 2014

Review of Happy Acres by Fun Plus and comparisons with other Farming Simulation games

I am afraid you will not find me playing Happy Acres, dear Friends and Neighbours.  I really detest games that have energy limits and this is a game that does.  It is very much a clone of FarmVille 2, a game I find exhausting.

Games that I do not like are those with far too many Quests and requirements, land that must be 'unlocked' by performing Quests and Energy Limits that require premium cash to overcome.  Happy Acres, like FarmVille 2, possesses the unlikeable options of Energy Limits and land expansions that must be unlocked by specific actions.

I still believe that Family Farm and its sister games such as Happy Land and Family Farm Seaside, the mobile version, are the very best games of their kind.  Family Farm and Happy Land provide their players with plenty of premium cash on a regular basis, provided that the player logs into the game consistently.  Even if you fail to log into the game on a specific game, you lose only seven days' worth of your log in total.  You do not lose everything.  Receiving 10 Premium Cash within every fortnight is a generous gift.

Family Farm is not merely farming.  There is crafting of many types now, including cooking as well as the production of Decorations that can be placed on your farm.  Granted, the best Quests and options appear only after you reach a specific level of experience, but it is well worth the effort of playing the game to reach that level.  It is fun and if you miss a Reward in the form of a special Animal, Tree or Machine, one always is given the option to purchase it later using premium cash.  I do not think there is anything wrong with that.  After all, the game GIVES the player premium cash regularly.

I like Family Farm Seaside better than any of the other games for mobile platforms.  I did try Castleville Legands and the mobile version of FarmVille 2.  I rather enjoyed both until I began to gain in experience and too many new options and requirements were unlocked.  Both games became tremendously exhausting.  I do not like 'puzzlers' where you have to choose between various options because of lack of space in your storage building or other restrictions.  I began to detest Castleville Legends when too many new merchants and characters with time-limited production requirements appeared.

Family Farm Seaside is almost perfect.  Time-limited Quests exist, but the player is not bombarded with them constantly.  There is cooking and there is crafting but for the most part, it is optional, except when a specific total is required for a Quest or Mission.  The game could use more land expansions and it would be great if we were given premium cash as a log-in reward on a regular basis but other than that, I cannot find fault with the game.  So much so that I have logged into Family Farm Seaside consistently for 409 days now.  The same holds true for Family Farm and Happy Land, although I began to play Happy Land more recently than its sister game.

Finally, in all honesty, I do not need a new game to play.  Family Farm offers new options often enough that one does not become bored.  I really hate the way Zynga games bombard players with too many new options and quests on a regular basis.  I would like to enjoy my gaming experiences, not find myself under terrible pressure to perform all the time.  Whenever I go into FarmVille, there are at least ten pop-ups giving new quests and new construction projects that I have to decline before I can play the game AT ALL.  There are far too many Farms in FarmVille now.  Why do we need a new Farm every few weeks?  I never have time to visit the OLD Farms on which I once lavished a great deal of time and attention.  It is not fun to play FarmVille most of the time where once I enjoyed it tremendously.  I do play a little on a regular basis, but find that clicking off all the new options that do not interest me occupies too much time.

Family Farm, on the other hand, gives players two Ranches. One is the Home Ranch and the other is the Garden Ranch.  For me, the Garden Ranch is a beautiful sanctuary where I grow only the most exquisite flowers and performed landscaping that was designed to please the eye rather than being a place for Machines and production buildings.  It is the Home Farm that is my working farm.  I do not want MORE Farms, although I would like to have another regular expansion for the Home Farm now.
Players who investigated Family Farm when it first was released but never played within the last year or two will find it much expanded in terms of activities and options.  It really is a fantastic game.

No comments:

Post a Comment